D̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ Discussion — Life Outside the Dance Studio
Is December as crazy busy and fun for all of you as it is for us? We are trying to focus more on the festive side of things and a bit less on the hectic parts of the holidays (performances, parties, shopping, oh my). Inspired by this recent Monday Motivation post, we thought we'd ask about balance and what's on the other side of life for studio owners and dance teachers.
Let's talk about something other than dance...
Okay, so maybe dance will be a part of this conversation, after all, it's a bit hard to avoid that subject with a group of people who have dedicated their life to the art, but we are going to at least try to look at other things we love! It may be a good idea to make sure we are maintaining a life outside of dance and work first (more on that here). Then we're curious what it is that helps maintain this balance, what brings you joy aside from dance, and your favorite activities during this season.
Here are some questions to get the conversation started:
- What's your typical breakdown of work/life time from week-to-week?
- Does it change much during different times of the month or year?
- Do you notice a difference when you spend more time in one area or another, and if so, how?
- How do you carve out time for you, outside of the studio?
- Or maybe how will you start to make this a priority?
- Is there a trick to getting you to focus elsewhere? (We love how when Foster comes in a room, Beverly drops whatever to spend time with him!)
- What do you like to do during your time-off?
- Any hobbies, extra-curricular, or past-times you really enjoy? (Don't worry, this is a judge-free zone, so even if it's a must-see t.v. show or favorite blog, we're excited to know.)
- Which activities make you feel most refreshed/relaxed/inspired/thankful/etc.?
- Tell us about your month — any special holiday plans, treasured traditions, favorite foods (bonus for sharing the recipes), events you're most looking forward to?
We really want to keep this d̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ discussion light and fun. After all with Christmas this month, there is no such thing as too much cheer. Since these questions are hopefully easy to answer, we hope to see each one of you chime in!